Mountain biking is not only an adventure, it is your beauty ally!! I’m trying more and more to include outdoor activities in my daily, healthy routine and biking has always been in my desire, and the farthest I have gone is indoor cycling. I am not very good with bikes, but I love a good challenge and I am determined to get my fitness routine to the next level, and lucky me, one of the #alex14 sponsors is REI (read more here) that happens to have the most amazing outdoor schools. Whether you’re an outdoor novice (hello me) or a seasonal adventurer, they have the outdoor class that’s right for you and me.
With some many outdoor classes to choose from like Climbing, Cycling, Hiking & Camping, Navigation, Outdoor Fitness, Outdoor Photography, Paddling, Snows ports and Wilderness Medicine, I got inspired to finally try mountain biking that I was so anxious, scared and excited to try. Just bring your thirst for learning and adventure, the REI Outdoor School provides everything else: professional, amazing and patient instruction, transportation and gear, just perfect for a novice like me that doesn’t even have a helmet, lol
- Mountain biking can help you stay fit, loose extra pounds or maintain your current weight, you can actually burn between 10 and 16 calories a minute, or 600 to 1,000 calories per hour.
- Over time, biking can increase muscle strength, improve cardiovascular health and help you build endurance.
- Mountain biking also provides social and family benefits, this is an amazing activity that you can do you with families and friends and build a strong bond, I did it with my daughter and I can tell you that we are already making plans for our next class and to buy a mountain bike.
- When you cycle, your heart rate is slowly increased at a safe and steady rate, which is an excellent workout for your cardiovascular system. It has been discovered that cycling regularly could increase your cardiovascular fitness, helping reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Develop firms thighs and shaped legs with mountain bike.
- Works out the lower body muscles like legs, hips and buttocks, and if you stand up in the saddle, you’ll also be strengthening your arms, too, you will be sore for 3 days like me, but happy to accomplish your goal.
- You get the chance to enjoy nature.
Have you tried mountain biking or would you ever like to?