Este articulo esta disponible en: Español
Suave Professionals for Natural Hair Collection Review! I must admit that I was surprised -gladly surprised -when I found out that Suave Professionals had a new hair line dedicated for natural curly hair. It feels really good when a brand listens to their costumers when improving their products.
About the Collection (their claim)
To create the right products for natural hair, Suave asked the experts. Introducing the NEW Suave Professionals Collection for Natural Hair – a range inspired by and made for women with natural hair. Collaborating with over 5,000 women with natural hair to craft, test, and adapt formulas, Suave developed a collection of moisture rich products specifically designed for women with curls, coils, and waves – free of any sulfates, parabens, or dyes. The formulas are also color safe. Each moisture-rich formula is infused with natural shea butter, known to deeply moisturize, and pure coconut oil to help fight frizz, reduce breakage, and enhance shine. The collection nourishes and repairs natural hair and helps Suave women embrace curls, coils, and waves alike.
Suave Professionals for Natural Hair Collection Review!
I went to a lot of stores trying to find the products which was kind of odd because in other countries like Dominican Republic the collection is available in a lot of major stores..
After I was tired of looking around I got it online – Rite Aid, Walmart, Target- the price is pretty much the same in all three stores $4.99 plus shipping cost.
Meet the Suave for natural hair collection:
Shea Butter & Pure Coconut Oil Sulfate-Free Cleansing Shampoo – 16.5 fl oz
Shea Butter & Pure Coconut Oil Moisturizing Curl Conditioner – 16.5 fl oz
Shea Butter & Pure Coconut Oil Cream Detangler Spray – 10 fl
Shea Butter & Pure Coconut Oil Leave-In Conditioner – 13.5 fl oz
Shea Butter & Pure Coconut Oil Curl Defining Cream – 12 fl oz
Shea Butter & Pure Coconut Oil Define & Shine Serum Gel – 4.75 fl oz
At first sight I noticed that we are missing the deep conditioner treatment which for me is essential, but it’s ok, let’s focus on the products we do have.
The collection has an amazing tropical scent, if you like coconut, which I happen to love.
No parabéns -No dyes – No sulfates – color safe.. Me like it, me happy.
Great size except for the serum gel, I mean 4 oz will have me making trips to the store (if they ever stock up on them) every month if not sooner because there is 3 heads of curls in this house.
The price is just amazing, if these products work we will be forever happy.
Overall, I like the collection but let’s review it one by one.
- Shea Butter & Pure Coconut Oil Sulfate-Free Cleansing Shampoo: great performance, good lather, great scent. Would I buy it again? probably not, just because I felt that it left my hair a little rough. I particularly love moisturizing shampoo and this one could use some moisturizing agents. I was really scared that the next product would have a hard time detangling my hair…
- Shea Butter & Pure Coconut Oil Moisturizing Curl Conditioner: Salute the queen, this conditioner is just amazing. Same great scent and size plus some great detangling properties. A little bit goes a long way, it’s like butter to my curls. I really love this conditioner and I would buy it over and over again.
- Shea Butter & Pure Coconut Oil Cream Detangler Spray: This is a great product to detangle hair, but using it like that in my opinion makes no sense because I detangle my hair in the shower with the conditioner. But on dry hair to style your daughter’s hair on an everyday basis is great specially for wavy or soft curly hair. My favorite way to use it is on dry hair to add shine and revive your curls..
- Shea Butter & Pure Coconut Oil Leave-In Conditioner: Two words “great and great” the size is just perfect. It softens the hair and prepare your curls for the next products.
- Shea Butter & Pure Coconut Oil Curl Defining Cream: Where do I start? this is a great product, it is, but on one hand it does define but it won’t stay long because it is missing a little bit of stickyness or gel consistency that a good curl defining cream needs. It has almost the same consistency as the leave-in conditioner. I would use it with another product with a little bit of hold that allows my curls to stay put for longer. The first day my curls were shiny and defined but the next hair day didn’t look as great.
- Shea Butter & Pure Coconut Oil Define & Shine Serum Gel: I am not a great fan of the size, but if it works for the price so I won’t mind. As first sight and feel the product is more a serum than a gel. But, this product is so good; it gives shine, it defines curls, and it has just the right amount of hold while your hair is still touchable.
I think the collection is great and I can’t wait for the company to include a deep treatment, add a little bit of moisturizer to the shampoo and to make the serum gel a lot bigger.
This review is on type 3c curls and are my own opinions, please remenber that every head of curls is a world of its own and it has different needs.
Este articulo esta disponible en: Español