Fermented rice water is rice water that has gone slightly sour. Rice water is is rich in antioxidants, minerals, vitamin E, and traces of pitera, a substance produced during the fermentation process. Ancient Japanese women used fermented water to keep their long mane shiny, strong, soft and healthy.
- Collect your rice water by rinsing the rice, the first rinse may contain dirt, if this happens, repeat the process and use the second water.. You can also collect rise water by adding extra water to the rice and set some apart.
- You have your water , yay, let’ s get fermented: leave the water at room temperature in a container for a day or until it turns sour and the fermentation begins.
- Boil the fermented rice water over high heat to stop the fermentation process,( if you are not going to use it right away).
- Wait for the rice water to cool down and then add two to three drops of tea tree, lavender or rosemary oil
- Use right away or store it in the refrigerator no longer than a few days.
You can use this rinse right after you wash your hair, leave it on for a few minutes and rinse out with water, style as usual.
Rice water helps to heal scars and reduce wrinkles, fine lines, and inflammation as well.