You decided not to relaxed your hair anymore and you been taking good care of it; doing everything styler said you should do and in fact it is working , your hair is longer, stronger, healthier…On year after and you get pregnant, and PUM your hair is finally getting the length you always want it “”so happy” . you deliver a healthy beautiful baby and shortly after you watching your beautiful curls falling,, you are stress, you are frustrater, WHY THIS IS HAPPENING? WHAT CAN I DO?
Approximately 90% of your hair is growing at any one time, while the other 10% enter a resting phase. Every two to three months the resting hair falls out and allows new hair to grow in its place. Telogen effluvium is the excessive shedding of hair that occurs one to five months following pregnancy. This is not uncommon, affecting somewhere between 40 to 50% of women; but like most changes during pregnancy, it is temporary.
- Discontinuation of birth control pills or any other hormonal type of birth control method
- Miscarriage or stillbirth
- A hormonal imbalance
- Consult with your health care provider to ensure a proper balance of hormones
- Avoid pigtails, cornrows, hair weaves, braids and tight hair rollers which can pull and stress your hair
- Eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables, which contain flavonoids and antioxidants that may provide protection for the hair follicles and encourage hair growth
- Use shampoos and conditioners that contain biotin and silica
- Hair is fragile when it is wet, so be gentle; avoid fine tooth combs
- If you need to use blow dryers and other heated hair instruments, try to use the cool setting
- Supplement your diet with the following nutrients:
- Vitamin B complex
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Please do not stress this will only getting it worse…hang in there…..and good luck.
- this is a good book to get your confidence back